As the Logistics & Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for the management of stock planning/purchases, vendor liaison, warehouse and logistics functions.
- Managing vendors through a small team to ensure that the correct level of stock is maintained ensuring sales demands are fulfilled and expenditure is controlled.
- Provide guidance on best practice sourcing to the organisation.
- Ensuring the provision of accurate cost information is available for sales decision on new product introduction
- Keeping up-to-date about customers’ needs and expectations.
- Execution of sourcing plans, especially the implementation of change programs involving new suppliers or spend practice.
- Reporting against targets within procurement and the business.
- Management of the warehouse, its systems and staff to ensure goods are received, controlled and product shipped to meet customer demands.
- Ensuring that available storage meets sales and stock-holding demands – managing costs vs relevant stock levels. Controlling and reporting on stock-turns and slow moving stock.
- Ensuring that the product is delivered in the most economical and efficient method possible.
- Control of UK despatch entities in terms of contracts and performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, lead and execute procurement strategies
- Determine the quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Implement procurement strategies to maintain the security of supply and value for money
- Provide periodic reporting for management on purchasing, controls and processes
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Develop workflow processes in line with software systems
- Management of small teams with varied experience
- Planning of warehouse requirements through analysis of critical path and regular stock inventories
- Familiarity with vendor management
- Knowledge of warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements
- Ability to gather and analyse data and to work with figures
- Excel expertise to allow reporting to be provided regularly and allow in-depth interrogation
- Solid judgment with the ability to make good decisions
- Strong leadership capabilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have more than five years of work related experience
- Must have solid experience in Procurement and Inventory Management
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to work for Sunpower Group Holdings as a Logistics & Procurement Manager, please submit your cover letter and CV here